„Libraries have led the charge to open up access to the scholarly literature. […] We’re now happy to introduce you to some new tools from the Open Access Button:
- DeliverOA: Making it easy to find self-archived Open Access versions of articles and deliver them right inside your ILL workflow.
- OAsheet: Find out if lots of articles are Open Access all at once by giving us a list of articles as a spreadsheet. Perfect for running ILL records to see how much impact integrating OA into your processes could have.
- EmbedOA: Easily help patrons find Open Access articles from your Interlibrary Loan pages or LibGuides. […]
Along with these new tools you can use today, we’d like like to preview what might come next in our work with libraries. Currently codenamed GetPDF and InstantILL, these are new tools we’ve prototyped, mocked up, and are exploring to tackle problems we heard libraries and patrons across the globe say they are struggling with. Here’s a bit more about them:
- GetPDF: A browser plugin to ensure libraries can provide excellent access for their patrons anyplace, anytime, in just a click with or without subscriptions. It’ll do that by combining content from ILL, Open Access, pay-per-view, and subscriptions into one simple tool for users so they always have the easiest, fastest, cheapest legal option at their fingertips.
- InstantILL: An ILL form that delivers content to patrons instantly without them needing to fill out a form, and that empowers staff to process requests instantly.