Follower

Dienstag, 28. November 2017

Writing About Alcohol Brought Me Back from the Brink of Addiction / Hope Ewing

I was born, if not an addict, then a facsimile of one. I crave things. It gets intense. Every year as a child I tried to give up chocolate for Lent with the same result: sitting at a cafeteria table, glowering at my plain milk, irritable and snappy in a way I wouldn’t recognize until I discovered nicotine withdrawal, 20 years later. For as long as I can remember I’ve required daily doses of sugar, cacao, and caffeine. I credit being consistently broke and awkward through my young-adulthood for keeping me away from harder drugs, which are expensive, and take some finesse to acquire. My relationship with alcohol has been intermittently fine, dysfunctional, and occasionally straight-up abusive. ... [mehr] http://lithub.com/writing-about-alcohol-brought-me-back-from-the-brink-of-addiction/

Keine Kommentare: